|Destination: ||North East Coast|
Shooting Star offers friendly personalised service in an attractive, calm and tranquil setting. This intimate, family owned guesthouse is positioned on a hill close to the fishing village of Kiwengwa and overlooks a stunning stretch of white beach and sparkling indigo waters.
The makuti-roofed lodge lies in well kept lush gardens alive with birdsong. It only has 14 rooms, located a short distance from the lodge, so youll never feel crowded. Its cliff-top situation means the ocean views are magnificent and all-encompassing.
There is an open-air restaurant and lots of relaxing and sun lounging areas with hammocks. It's been decorated with care using wooden furniture, African carvings, colourful cushions and local fabrics. The guestrooms are clean and attractive. There are no disturbances here, no ringing phones or loud televisions, just the blissful sound and sights of the sea.
More Zanzibar December Specials
Area AttractionsFacilities at Shooting Star
- Infinity swimming pool
- Hotel will arrange scuba diving, PADI courses, snorkelling, fishing, boat trips and windsurfing with nearby operators at no extra charge.
- Sea View Cottages have air conditioning as well as ceiling and table fans; Garden Lodge rooms have ceiling and table fans
- Zanzibar-style furniture
- En-suite bathrooms
- Private verandas
- Swim in the warm water at high tide and explore the tidal pools during low tide.
- Visit the nearby fishing village.
- Shop for carvings and brightly coloured sarongs at Kiwengwa?s local bazaar.
- Hire bicycles and explore the island.
- Try a floodlit swim in the crystal clear pools of a limestone cave.
- Visits to Stone Town, Nungwi, Kizimkazi, Jozani Forest, spice tours, sunset cruises and trips to many sights of historical interest can also be organised through the hotel.
- Sailing trips on a luxury catamaran.
- Snorkelling and diving at the Mnemeba Atoll.