|Price From: ||R8 095.00|
|Destination: ||Stone Town|
Tembo House Hotel is a unique and charming hotel situated in the heart of Stone Town. The hotel is surrounded by historical buildings and the sea front looking out to the islands and the harbour. The 19th Century refurbished Tembo House Hotel is the sister Hotel of Dhow Palace, (which is only 300 metres up the road) and is a landmark amongst the hotels in Zanzibar, having served many purposes over the years from being the American Consulate in 1834, to becoming the premises of Cowasjee Dinshaw and Partners in 1884. The original building really was a marvellous structure and many of the original features remain today. The Tembo House Hotel still houses a wide range of antique furniture, fittings and ornaments from all over the world and the most notable amongst all of them, is the superb stained glass salon overlooking over the bay that is one of the architectural highlights of Stone Town. The hotels swimming pool offers a cool haven during the heat of the day, whilst business travellers can take advantage of the conference room. Other hotel facilities include the souvenir shop, which offers a range of gifts and curio items and the Bahari Restaurant featuring local and international cuisine.
Property AmenitiesBahari restaurant
Gift and curio shop
Childcare and cots may be available if booked in advance.
Area AttractionsAccommodation at Tembo House Hotel
Tembo House Hotel offers their guests accommodation in 34 spacious rooms decorated with Oriental and traditional Zanzibarian ornaments, antiques and furniture. Many of the rooms have balconies overlooking the beach or the swimming pool courtyard.
All rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable and are equipped with mosquito nets, ceiling fans, air conditioning, telephone, hairdryers, mini-bar, multi-channel television and en suite bathroom with hot and cold showers. One of the more stylish and unusual features at Tembo House Hotel is that every room has a Swahili bed with the wooden carvings which are so unique to this region
Dining at Tembo House Hotel
Meals at Tembo House Hotel are served at the Bahari Restaurant and lounge area, which is adjacent to the beach and provides the ideal place for lunches with views over the azure waters of the Indian Ocean and cooling sea breezes.
The Bahari Restaurant features excellent local and international cuisine giving you the tastes of the spice coast of Zanzibar where you can have your own private traditional meal served on the terrace over looking the sea.
As with Dhow Palace, Tembo House Hotel follow the Muslim code of not serving alcohol. This is unfortunate but something that we have to respect according to their beliefs. There are however, plenty of good restaurants and pubs within walking distance which do serve alcohol.
Special Offer Details
3 nts from R 8,095.00 pps / 4 nts from R 9,115.00 pps
Bed and Breakfast
||3 nts / 4 days
||4 nts / 5 days
|19 Jul - 31 Oct 2017
||R 8,095.00 pp
||R 9,115.00 pp
- Direct Flights to Zanzibar every Tuesday and Saturday
- South Africa air departure tax and air passenger tax
- Zanzibar air departure tax
- Return airport transfers
- Accommodation on Bed & Breakfast Basis
- Visas ($50) obtained upon arrival in Zanzibar (not applicable to South African passport holders)
- Yellow Fever injections ? No longer required by South African residents
- Zanzibar is a malaria area
- A high season supplement from R2500 pp applies for travel 27 June - 22 Jul,
30 Sep - 10 Oct and from 06 Dec onwards
- USD 1 per person per day new infrastructure tax imposed by the Zanzibar Revenue Board. This tax is charged directly on the hotel bill and payable to the hotel direct upon check out. Applicable to both adults and children.
* Please note that prices are input manually & fluctuate daily in accordance with the current rate of exchange.
* Seasonable closures, block out periods, & peak season supplements may apply.
* Airline supplements of R2500 pp will apply on departures over peak season.
* Valid for dates as specified.
Valid: 2017-07-19 - 2017-10-31